Blogs > Driving Fitz Me

I can drive for miles and miles. Trust me.

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Work slated, weather permitting

Ready for some road work? Ready to get mad when it appears that road workers aren't working? Spring means plenty of orange pylons. Commuters beware -- the Michigan Department of Transportation says its crews will begin preliminary work this week to replace the West Grand Boulevard overpass above I-94 in Detroit. This $9.5 million project includes replacing the existing overpasses with two separate structures, and removing the eastbound I-94 left lane exit to West Grand Boulevard in order to improve safety and mobility. At least that's what the press release says.
With work expected to begin this week, crews will close one lane of W. Grand Boulevard in each direction above I-94, along with the westbound I-94 exit to W. Grand Boulevard. In addition, crews will close the northbound W. Grand Boulevard entrance to eastbound I-94, and the southbound W. Grand Boulevard entrance to westbound I-94. A detour will be posted.
Most of the preliminary work involves relocating and replacing utilities.
Just remember: We were lucky that the storm that dumped 10 inches on Chicago, missed the Detroit area entirely. I said, entirely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home